Thursday 14 April 2011

Issue 22 @ The Cellar Bar, Thursday 14th April 2011

This is the second time I have seen this band, and I really enjoy watching them. I always find it nice to see a mix of covers and originals when I see a new band as it gives me a feeling of their style/genre and hearing a few much loved covers (done well), really helps the crowd get into the swing of the night. A few of the covers played tonight being:
  1. Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
  2. Celebrity Skin - Hole
  3. Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet
During the set, members of the band took turns in singing different sections of songs and this variety I felt added interest in the set and made viewing a more enjoyable experience. The lead vocalist had a very strong voice that suited the band and genre well. I felt at ease listening to her voice, and didn't feel uncomfortable that she was not going to be able to hit a big note, as is the case with some vocalists. 

The band had a great stage aesthetic, and all looked as though they were well rehearsed, connected and that they were thoroughly enjoying playing together. Aside from a few minor timing issues in places - that were probably just a one off -  I have high praise for this evenings set and look forward to hearing this band again.

No comments:

Post a Comment